Music

Monday, February 21, 2011

Too Soon

I believe I've crossed the line with you...
Stepped across that imaginary boundary
that defines us as friends and companions.
Overstretched the social barrier
that men and women constrain
the ideologies of what society deems right and wrong.

I apologize...

But my mental illusions and graphic illustrations
dominate my moral restrictions.
I mean, what I want to say is "hi, how are you?"
Phrased to convince u that I'm the type of guy that is respectful and just;
Far beyond thoughts of lust;
To build a level of trust that makes u want to confide in me and call
me a friend.

But I can't lie...

No matter how hard I try
this inner being that sees u differently
wants more than anything to be heard...
So I try to speak words critically and carefully,
Yet truthfully and indirectly.
Wanting to know ur interest and wishes.
"Do u enjoy cooking, shit, I'd do the dishes."
Or take a walk late at night.
Perhaps disagree, but never fight.

And yet the truth...

It slips out from time to time
In innuendo or in a rhyme
Because the lust I have in side
is only for you...
So it deserves to be heard by you...
But I have to decide "Is it too soon?"
To tell you...
To touch you...
To taste you...
I want you but can't decide if that's right or wrong.
But I can't hold back the words when I see you.
And fearing that my time with you
is predetermined and predefined
within the constraints of your mind,
I let you know...

"I want you... BAD!"

And now, I regret it
But it's too late.
And you make up your mind that my intentions are wrong
when the fact is that I'm simply misunderstood.
It's not my purpose to offend...
So perhaps next time,
I'll just stare from afar and remain
... silent

No comments:

Post a Comment