Music

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Eyes


They say the eyes are the windows to the soul.
When it is the soul that our eyes actually detect
They view what our inner most selves reveal
About our feelings, our desires, and our intellect.

Beautiful, gorgeous, intense.
All words that have been used to describe the delicate rays of sunshine reflecting my soul.
Or was it my soul, I sometimes questioned.

Mesmerizing.  Astonishing.
The delicate combination of blazing gold overlapping warm shades of green
Hues of tan come together to form the painted glass of my inner being.
The windows, the reflection…of me.

Or the unknown someone, or rather something, hidden within.
The developing being was the thing I now struggle with.
It’s dark.  Cold.  Maniacal in its thinking.  Its planning.  Its actions.
It pays no regard to the devastation it leaves behind.
It finds enjoyment in the attraction it has and what it brings.

Tantalizing
The latter description defined as exhibiting something that provokes or arouses expectations and desires, yet remains unobtainable or beyond ones reach.

My eyes… are… Tantalizing?  That’s deep!

Women look into my windows and compliment what they see.
A reflection of an action surely predestined to be.
I reply with a thank you and my mind plays a game.
Awakening the beast within, the one I cannot tame.

Are those your real eyes?
From that point, women seem to be lured into the spell.
It begins as something heavenly but mostly leads to hell.
My windows reflect those things normally just too deep to see.
Facial expression of her and I enthralled in ecstasy.

A strange struggle of good and bad is what my eyes reflect,
yet no one would seem to know it.
No one sees anything besides the “pretty eyes”.
When at the end of the day, if you were to ask me, I would tell you…

They are just…brown

No comments:

Post a Comment