Music

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Misconception

Why is it that u see me the way that u do?
Caught up in theories and perceptions
Instead of seeking the truth
Believing that I'm some sort of player or guy
Simply looking for some woman to "do"...
Why not take time to get to know me
Explore those things I try to pursue.
Do u know me?
Or even bother to try before u judge me?
Does my appearance predetermine who I am inside
Or what beliefs I have?
Why is a simple conversation
Taken as a playful tease
When the truth is I was just being friendly.
Is it really necessary for me
To walk around with my eyes sewn shut
And my mouth glued tight.
Don't sit back and judge me
What gives u that right?
Does ur perception of me
Inspire what u see
The reflection of thoughts u have
Projected upon my persona
And suddenly
U think I'm flirting
When I'm really just being me
Ur excuse is then that
I know what I'm doing
The moment I lay eyes on "her"
Using my physical prowess to spark some type of
Fire
Within her
I stop to say hello
U say my tone and the subtle growl in my voice
Says so much more
What u hear when I say hello is
"Just drop ur panties to the floor"
My "How are u"
Equates to "so when can we fuck?"
I humbly disagree and u claim I'm out of touch??
So should I instead live up to the
Expectation
Of ur misconception
Live my life as a womanizer far beyond correction
Then I'm labeled as such and shunned from society
An outcast
With no desires for love or any moments that last
Sitting alone, second guessing my thoughts and my actions
All because u had this twisted misconception
Of the man that I am
The security I provide
Try to see my true self and explore all those sides
Because I am just me
No ego attached
No ulterior motives
No sexual escapades lie in my focus... well not yet
I just want to know u
And make a new friend
But that requires u open ur eyes
And redirect ur perceptions

No comments:

Post a Comment