Music

Saturday, February 26, 2011

E V O L

I don't believe in love...
I mean I have love for self and brotherly love
And that type that's sent from heaven above
But the quest for that companion
Who's suppose to be that friend
To the very bitter end?
That dream I've let go of...
Given up on the emotional roller coaster 
Days filled with joy and laughter
Only lead to months and years of disaster
Yet I see others chasing after the drama associated with the emotion
"I love you"
Three words often spread about as lies between two people who barely know each other
Because they barely know themselves
Love in all it's shapes and forms
Twist hearts and minds like wretched vines
Entangled in the thorns of hate and disgust
I run and hide from the blatant lies destined to grow from this so called emotion.
And where does it leave me but standing alone in the bitter cold
Seeking for the one to call my own

True love

1 comment:

  1. Although we know the outcome all so well we still bet on love... even though the lost is almost always inevitable... Aint love grand? LOL... I REALLY like this one. Kuande' you are such a great poet!!!

    ReplyDelete