Music

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Twist Of Fate

She... Told me she was getting married
Then preceded to push through my chest and bruise my heart
Tear my whole world apart
And somehow I should have known this is how it would all be resolved
Completely flipped rationality and understanding
And made me question that emotion once again
You know, The one they call love
See our spirits were suppose to fit each other like a glove
And most times they did
You can see that result within our kid
But she often times felt I was stringing her along
So she moved on
Unknown to my expectations
Had my own thoughts of where we were taking these relations
And now I'm sitting on this phone wondering what the fuck just happened to my love.
Told me she was about to wed and
This dudes been all up in her head and
Trying to make me out to be some type of dead beat
But he don't know me
Doesn't even try
Afraid to admit his relationship is a lie
Just a generated, fucked up "oh it's pay back time."
See, she had the last laugh
And now we all suffer
Feeling that marriage is just an escape
To try to get away from the hate and rage
That I planted deep inside with my distorted mind
And now she married
Had another child to carry
And got me wondering the same question she struggled with through our trials together
Damn... Why me?
©KLH 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment