Music

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Realize

I realize I have survived societies norm

That I have been given opportunities to succeed numerous times in my life
Survived the pains of the streets 
and plights of the under privileged 
to make a small name for myself
Afforded the chance to give back to those who have given to me 
Even if I can't return their favors equally
I've been given that chance
to stand where others have fallen

I realize I'm not always right

I've wronged and been wronged 
but I continue to build character 
based on my own experiences
I've been chastised and abused
Criticized and used 
both verbally and emotionally
And yet, I've forgiven and been forgiven

I realize the compasion of women

I acknowledge that my understanding and branding 
of the opposite sex has often times fallen short
Recognize the pursuit of "her" is not some type of sport
And her love, when she loves, is like no other
She withstands turmoils and stress
And her love rationalizes things by it's own free will

I realize that real eyes see real lies
And though I can't take credit for that line
I understand that time can heal all wounds
Understand that no amount of success and fame 
can rescue ur name from the shame 
of violating a woman's love
But she will forgive u
If she loves and has faith in the strength and stability of that love

I realize my time in this life is limited

That men and women before me 
sacrificed their happiness so that I may enjoy my own

I realize truth can be found if it's sought 
but can have a devastating end if ur motives aren't true
That is to say that truth exist within our own minds eye 
and therefore, should not be defied
Let me live life like God is watching and perhaps find that he's not 
instead of thinking he doesn't and hoping that's so
Because those earthly sins are devastating 
if they are indeed factual

We all must take the time to realize our lives are a gift not to be taken for granted
Unfortunately it takes ur own eyes to see what life has to offer
Ur own will to seize those opportunities laid out before u
We just have to wake up

And realize

No comments:

Post a Comment