Music

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Destruction - An excerpt from "The Makings of a Man"


I remember being awakened by Babygirl, tears streaming from her eyes as she posed the question.  It had to be around 1:30 in the morning or sometime close to it.  In my exhausted, dazed and confused state, it was hard for me to hear what I knew already I had heard.

“What,” I asked, searching for clarification and trying, simultaneously, to stimulate my other senses.

“Is – She – Pregnant,” she asked again, breaking down the sentences as if each word was a stand-alone sentence.  The room was dark and silent.  A chill arose up my spine and I could only answer the question with a single word before the tension would reside.

“Yes.”

This conversation had started many hours before this moment.  Only a few days had passed since my return from the desert sands of Kuwait.  And in those few days, I was forced to answer a lot of questions and pour my heart out to the woman whose heart I had continued to deceive for far too many years.  I told her about my relationship with Passion and all of the things that had transpired over the past 6 months of deployment.  Apparently even my feeble attempt at honesty even now was not enough to appease the ever-growing curiosities of my spouse.

She waited until I went to sleep before going into the spare bedroom where my unpacked bags were and begin her search.  What she found was a letter; parting words from a love interest concerned about our relationship as it were and the desire that I would play an active role in her life and of the child she bore within.  I guess I should be thankful that a question rather than a burning bed or my dick being tossed in a bush awakened me.

The hardest thing to do in life is tell someone you care about you have violated his or her trust.  The thought crossed my mind on occasion during my time away but once again, the resulting hurt and pain had never been a consideration.  So as I stood there looking into the tear filled eyes of this woman, myself filled with hurt and the pain of knowing and realizing the true pain and disarray that I had caused, I began to tell my story… 
(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment