Music

Monday, March 7, 2011

Misunderstood


I believe I’ve crossed the line with u…
Stepped across that imaginary boundary
that defines us as friends and companions.
Overstretched the social barrier
that men and women constrain
the ideologies of what society
deem right and wrong.
I apologize…
But my mental illusions
            and graphic illustrations
            dominate my moral restrictions.
I mean, what I want to say is
            ‘”Hi, how are u?”
Phrased to convince u that I’m the type of guy
            who is respectful and just.
Far beyond thoughts of lust
To build a level of trust
            that makes u want to confide in me
            and call me ur friend.
But I can’t lie…
No matter how hard I try
            this inner being that sees u differently
            wants more that anything to be
            heard…
So I try to speak words
            critically and carefully
            yet truthfully and directly
I want to know ur interest and wishes
Do u enjoy cooking? Shit, I’d do the dishes

Let’s take a walk late at night
Perhaps disagree, but never fight
And yet the truth…
It slips out from time to time
In innuendo or in rhyme
Because the lust I have inside
Is only for u…
So it deserves to be heard by u…
But I have to decide
            “Is it too soon?”
To tell u…
To touch u…
To taste u…
I want u but can’t decide if that’s right or wrong.
I can’t hold back the words when I see u
And fearing that my time with u
            is predetermined and predefined
            within the constraints of ur mind
            I let u know…
I want u…BAD!
And now, I regret it
But it’s too late
And u make up ur mind
            that my intentions are wrong
            when the fact is
            that I am simply misunderstood
It’s not my purpose to offend
So perhaps next time
            I’ll just stare from afar and remain
            …silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment