Music

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Next time

It was the arch in her back that grabbed my attention…
The curve in her hips and did I forget to mention
How beautiful she walked…

Hadn't even heard her talk
And new that the physical had me all shook...

Had to gather my composure
Before I approached her
My mind was having second thoughts
And the more I hesitated the further she walked
Away from me…

She checked over her shoulder to see if I was checking her out
Like she knew I was
But she played it cool and reached into her bag like she was looking for her keys...
Knowing good and well she walked to class that day
Or took the bus

Whatever the case I think she secretly hoped I would approach and say hi
So I did, I said hi
Made up some question about the weather
Or where she was headed
Just some stupid line to get her to talk and say,
Hi or hello or I'm single, are you
Just something to start off a conversation

Then the conflict in my mind would begin
Wanting to dance with her body
Trace the curves of those hips
Wonder if my parts would fit her parts
When were alone in the dark

Will the feel of her lips be as soft as they looked
Would the mind match the story captured within the book
Of her body...

I refocused my energy to fight of the fear of rejection
Cause she could just say nothing, that was my hesitation

She stopped looking through the bag not finding what she had searched for
And continued her journey around the next corner
And she was gone…

Out of my life as quickly as she came in
I turn around to head in the direction I'm headin
As I let my love escape me once again…

Til next time...
©KLH 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment